At a time when a lot of people are working from home and probably will continue to do so for quite some time, we thought we would share a little bit about what we as a company have done in order to keep sane and social during the pandemic.
It is true to say we felt a little lost when realizing we would not be able to hang out at the office the way we were used to.
Early on we decided to come up with ways of making our days more fun and not just about work. Simple ideas to include everyone from the different teams.
In this post, we share with you some of our social activities and hope we might inspire those of you in need of some amusements to lighten up your day. Should you feel like sharing some inspo from your own workplace, please do! We would love to know (and steal) your ideas!
To create a buzz and fun discussions, we regularly ask everyone totally irrelevant questions on Slack.
- What was the first music album you bought?
- What profession other than what you do today, do you think you would be really good at?
- If you were arrested with no explanation, what would your friends and family assume you had done?
- Which famous person have you met?
- What would be the first irresponsible thing you would do if you won 50 million SEK?
We also like to share stuff on Slack.
- Post a picture of yourself as a teenager.
- Choose a GIF to describe your mood.
- Plate your lunch Guide Michelin style.
- Share your home office view.
- Describe, as badly as possible, what you do at Fyndiq.
- What is your pet doing?*
*We realised that just one day of sharing pictures of pets was by far not enough. We have since also dedicated a Slack channel to our pets.
Out and about
- Virtual quiz walk (in Swedish, tipspromenad). One person actually walks, reads/films the questions irl and everyone else takes part answering the questions from home.
- Walk that Walk! Walking competition measuring steps during the course of a week.
Tower building competitions (highest wins, all pictures shared on Slack)
- “The bathroom tower” - Using only stuff (no furniture) you have in your bathroom.
- “The tower of carbs” - Using only potatoes, bread, rice and pasta.
- “The cushion tower” - Using only cushions.
Games we like to play (whilst sharing our frustrations and victories together on google hangouts of course)
- Reflect.tech - Mix colleagues faces with celebs, post on Slack and let everybody else guess who the celebrity is.
Send outs (who doesn’t appreciate a surprise package?)
- Triss scratch cards to scratch together simultaneously.
- Miniature candy trolley.
All our activities have been optional for everyone to join. We think it is important to offer the possibility to inject some jolliness into your workday, pandemic or no pandemic.
All the best to everyone in 2021 from us at Fyndiq! ❤️